Hi all - it is my turn at hosting the mid month challenge over Rhedd's Creative Spirit. I was pondering at what to make until I spotted a kitchen roll insert and an envelope stiffener (cardboard) and from there the idea was born - a pen holder!
The idea for a mid month is to show step by step tutorial for the project so here goes - a really long post lol - please bare with me on this one lol.
First of I laid out what I thought I would use, pic on left was original idea, pic on the right is more like it - minus the black lace (a thought I added in along the way along with leaf trim lol)
This shows the process of trimming the tubes to desired length - bet you noticed the stray toilet roll insert, slightly smaller than the other one (another unplanned add in lol) You can see I am no good at step by step huh...
I cut out a base shap from the envelope stiffen then painted it alongwith the inside and edges of the tube using black acrylic. Then came the paper hanging lol I started by covering the outsides using beautiful papers called Chalkboard by Craftwork Cards - gorgeous love them. Please note the pic on right shows my first mistake - I did not allow enough paper to fold down completely inside - next pic shows me redoing it lol
see now rectified
bit of a bodge up but got there in the end
After completing all three tubes I wiped the edges using black soot DI
Now there was alot of drying time in between the steps and I promise I will not be talking to you in between - I sat on my sofa watching TV - better than watching paper dry lol ...Anyway I am now back from being a couch potato (well I could have been doing the housework instead but chose not to lol) . This was the point I came across the latest add in - black guipere lace - love this. I trimmed around the top of the tubes inside and out and around the edge of the base. I covered the bottom of the base with felt - Ooops lost the pic of that one - still it would have been a boring pic anyway as I am sure you all know what felt looks like lol!
I stuck the tubes and base together and added flowers and leaf trim to give it a bit of ummmmppphhhh! Now for copious amount of pics...... I have most probably duplicated pics along the way so please forgive me - I just could not see which angled shot was being merged with what in the end!
Now that's it for now but why not head on over to Rhedd's Creative Spirit for our challenge this month - go on you know you want to as much as we want to see you and your creations.
Hugz to all
This has been entered into the following challenges