Pages

My lovely followers

Saturday, 1 October 2016

October Challenge over at Altered Eclectics *

Wow nearly the big holiday season and to think on the next challenge I ought to be thinking about Christmas projects but for this month have kept it so to speak normal! lol

For this months challenge I have altered a wine bottle - I just love bottles especially when I get to drink the contents and then to able to create something - double whammy!

The idea was to make this shabby chic and guess what - it didn't happen lol.  I painted it light grey using chalk paint then varnished it.  It sat on my desk for a few days before going back to it.  I painted it using brown mixed media paint and over the top a layer of green medium.  I wiped some back to give distressed look and a quick sanding topped off with a matt varnish.  I emptied my ever growing drawer of metal embellishments which have been screaming out to be used lol.  I painted them all black and wiped green medium over the top to accentuate the textures.  Waste of time really as I highlighted rhe metal with various colours of inka gold.

All done and now for the pics.



Thank you for dropping by and please head on over to Altered Eclectics for this months challenge and also my dear friend Sandra would love to see your projects entered into her challenges over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit - same rules apply - only mixed media - no papercrafts so why not head on over and join in there also.

Elaine aka Ellapu

10 comments:

  1. WOW. just... WOW! Gorgeous bottle, love everything about it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Elaine, this is just fabulous! The colors are so beautiful and the entire project is so wonderfully organic! Thanks for dropping this into our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG..Elaine this is just so gorgeous..the colours are amazing, love how the outdoor light has captured all those highlights...love, love,love it...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is the prettiest altered bottle I've seen! I love it Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning and the colours are fantastic - I LOVE it...!!! Thank you for joining us at My Time to Craft.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous transformation love the colours and beautiful embellishments
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...