Hi all I am Elaine (Ellapu) This blog used to be called Handcrafted by Ellapu but wanted to rebrand to KraftiKards Kreations. I have given up mixed media and am now into making cards. I had not posted since 2019 when I ran 2 challenge blogs, Eclectic Ellapu and Altered Eclectics. There were so many fantastic designers who tirelessly created such beautiful art and I would like to thank them if they ever come across my blog again. I do hope you enjoy my art
Well today is the start of my challenge over at the Outlawz. Paper ala Mode. Yes thats right my challenge and am so excited. The challenge is Anything Shabby Chic, Steampunk or Vintage. I wanted to create something special and this is my idea of special lol. Probably not yours but then we can't all be the same huh LOL.
I bought the Alchemist from Simply Betty Stamps and enlarged it to A4 (Digi stamp that is, I did not try to stretch a rubber stamp to A4 LOL ) The quality of the image remained intact when enlarged so well pleased. I coloured him up using copics and prisma pencils and guess what.. I actually made a note of all colours used and guess what again.. I am going to bore you with the long list lol... here goes:
Copics - E 08, 15, 25, 31, 33, 35, 37, 47, 53, 57 and 59 and a little bit of W1
How boring was that and please, please do not ask me where I used them either. I did well just leaving them all on the table and writing them down. You can't have it all lol.
Anyway back to the reason I am here.. what is that again... hmmmm! Right back on track, I coloured him up (on my first attempt but slowly over the course of a week) and then distressed the edges slightly. I then stuck him down to a beige colour coredinations, distressed the edges and used scattered straw distress ink round the edges and periodically over the image. I then stuck this down onto two sheets of brown coredinations (2 sheets side by side as one was not big enough) and proceeded to rip and tear. I just love to tear it up however was mindful about not damaging my work so far. I then used Spray and Shine very lightly over the image just to give him a little protection. When this was dry I attached the whole thing to 2mm chipboard.
I then got to the worse bit, fitting the clock mechanism. I may have managed one attempt at the colouring but the clock hands are another story.... I used sandpaper to scratch up the hands to make them look tatty and guess what the hour hand ended up mangled lol. After I managed the distressing with all hands in tact I had to fix them onto the mechanism.. after I had made the hole first of course LOL. Well guess what the minute hand got bent ... how lucky was that just damaging one complete set? I have a spare second hand though lol. The clock mechanisms I bought on ebay. Anyway moving on... I used these really cute lock and key brads and cannot for the life of me where I purchased them from. Found them at back of drawer and they worked perfectly. I have placed them at different angles and distances from the centre.
I am now going to overload you all with pictures ..... SORRY!!!!
Right, now I have bored you all rigid I will get out of here lol. Please pop over to the Outlawz for this weeks challenges and have some fun. Actually mine is running til 6th July so plenty of time to get crafting and no excuse....
And here is a reminder for you all..our 2000 member party kicks off tomorrow at The Outlawz so come on over and join in the fun.. we have some fab sponsors including Mo Manning, Make it crafty, Redonkulous, Mazy Green to name but a few....
This has been entered into the following challenges