My lovely followers

Friday 24 May 2013

Time for a challenge for the Outlawz.... D

Time for an Outlawz Challenge over at Paper ala Mode and it is anything goes everyone so pop on over and enter whatever you like.

 Well I was ready for a nap but then felt an overwhelming urge to put together a vintage card.  Though it did not turn out to be a card in the end.  I found an image on the internet. I wiped TH ink pad over it, then wet it to look aged.  I then covered the photo in mod podge.  

I bought some really old vintage doilies at a car boot last weekend.  One was a little stained so I dyed it using in tea.  Came out just right.  I edged the topper using the doily lace.  I then layered a gold trim on top and finally pearls from my stash.  Actually they were bits and pieces in my scrap box. 

Once this was finished I didn't want to use it on a card and decided to make it into a little picture which stands upright.  I can't say it is a picture frame because its not lol.  I just glued a piece of strong card to the back to steady it whilst upright.  You never know I may just use this on another project in the future.



Anyway thank you for dropping by and I do hope you call again.
Why not go join in the fun and take a peek at the wonderful DT projects over at the Outlawz.

Hugz always 

Elaine xxx

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Elaine! I love the lace and pearls - perfect for the picture!
    Hugz
    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING...Love it...Beautiful lace & pearls, Gorgeous image... Love it all.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful creation! Love the lace "frame" and the beautiful vintage image! Thanks for joining us over at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty Challenge! Good luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creation....thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for join in at It's all about the Vintage
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome Elaine. Love that aged photo and that lace is gorgeous.I spotted you on MIM and popped over for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, I love the pearls and edging! Thank you for joining us this week at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge. I hope you play along with us again soon!

    Jackie, Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous card!
    So romantic!
    Thank you for joining us at the It's All About the Vintage & Beauty- challenge.
    Hugs Merkku

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really gorgeous! Wonderfully distressed, too. Thanks for entering our challenge at It's all about the vintage and beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous creation, thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally stunning, Elaine. Your makes are always so elegant and this is no exception.

    Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the depth you have achieved with your use of lace etc...wonderful! Thank you for entering the Its all about the Vintage challenge. Wishes, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...