My lovely followers

Saturday 9 February 2013

A Book of Shadows......D

Hello everyone.... Where does the time go to.  this year seems to be flying past so quickly.  I have had a couple of celebrations recently.  My Daughter had twins Christmas week and one of my son became a father for the third time and was blessed with another daughter last week.  All exciting stuff.  I have another one due in about a month courtesy of my elder son.  Gonna be expensive from here on in as I will have 7 grandchilden by the end of March!!!!  

Anyway enough about that - It is challenge time over at Outlawz, Paper ala Mode and the theme this week is 


I found in amongst all my stuff a tiny book box and thought it was perfect for what I wanted.  I had been asked to make a tiny Book of Shadows for a work colleagues daughter who is into programmes such as Charmed etc.  

I painted the box using black and gold acrylic paint loosely mixed together so it wasn't a solid colour.  I used gold rub n buff round the edges and spine.  Alphabet tiles from Crafty-Emblies were used for the title- they were perfect for the front - well I think so anyway lol

I cut and scored beige card and accordian-ised it. I distress inked the edges and the pages and then threw water at it... I enjoyed that part of it lol.  I adhered ribbon to the back page and then stuck it to the inside.  To finish it off I sprayed Marigold Cosmic Shimmer over the outside of the box. 





Voila all done!  

Hope you like it.

Why not hop on over to Paper ala Mode and join in with the fun challenge this week.

Hugz Elaine xxx



7 comments:

  1. Love your book Elaine! A lot of super inspiration on your blog. Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic book, Elaine lots of hugs Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and beautiful project. Lots of work and details. Greta job.

    I saw you at Make it Monday. My projects are 233 and 234 if you would like to return visit.

    Thanks for inspiration. K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow amazing project Elaine. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely book and idea thank you so much for sharing it with us during our monochrome challenge at ATG xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow stunning gift. I love the vintage style. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely..Thank you for sharing with us at Penny's, and good luck.

    Caz PPC DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...