My lovely followers

Sunday 10 February 2013

Altered box.................D

Hello everyone

I decided to put together shabby chic style.  I love this style but find it extremely difficult to stay away from the dark colours and themes lol.  So there you go - I really struggle!

I used a box from Crafty-Emblies.  I painted it a dark green then crackled over top with a lighter shade of green.  For the lid I used a lot of random flowers from my stash.  Not used flowers for the longest time - well it seems that way lol.  

For the inside I used allsorts of Crafty-Emblies for a sewing room theme.  

Now this is a jewellery box and it wouldn't do for your bits and bobs to get all caught up in the decor inside.  So what I did was cut out some acetate to suspend over the top of my little scene.  I used silicone all round the middle of the depth and then simply laid the acetate on the ridge.  I then used glossy accents all round the edge to seal it. I have added a pic of a chain sitting on the acetate to show it exists but not sure it works!

  I laid lace over the edge to decorate the inside and out.   









I do hope you like this project.  Why not head on over to Crafty-Emblies and buy loads of goodies lol

Thats it for me right now and see you all soon.
Happy Crafting!

Hugz Elaine xxx

This has been entered into the following challenges




9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous box.. Love the crackle effect & wonderful detail... Inside is amazing, Love the elements.. this must have taken you some time... Love it Inside & out... Simply Stunning.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous project... Love it! The flowers look fab, thank you for joining is at happy campers , Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic project, beautifully made. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous box great idea to seal it love it. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is stunning. You are one talented lady, I am so glad to have met you and play along with you over at Eclectic.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous .Lovely details Thanks for sharing at Osaat hugs Trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project which you are sharing with us all. Fabulous flowers which you have put together so beautifully. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    Lady Anne's Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this altered box and all the embellishments. Thanks for joining us for Vickie's Challenge at Lady Anne's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elaine I love your shabby chic style and this box is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Jennie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...