My lovely followers

Saturday 16 May 2015

Altered Jar *

is now a pen pot for my craft room.  I found this old pickle jar laying about screaming out at me to have a makeover - I mean after all I took a lot of time to give it a good scrub to get the pickle smell to go lol.  

I wound twine round the jar top to bottom - sticky tape to stick it.  I then cut out the bird and butterfly from a paper napkin and used mod podge to adhere it.  I then used some raffia for the top.  I used hessian for the base.

A small amount of hessian left over found itself transformed into  a flower. I tied several knots using the raffia for the flower center.  
That's it for now - maybe back later if I find some time to play lol

Hugz for all

xxx

8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea to cover the jar with string, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous transformation and love the hessian flower
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible project! Very clever, very unique. Thanks for sharing on the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, the paper napkin is such a clever idea. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! It's so different and unexpected! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever. Great take on the ' Wings' theme. Love it!

    Thanks for taking part in the Craft for the Craic Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good! Great work! Thank you for joining us on Craft for the Craig. Henryka DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Project! Thanks so much for joining us at the artbymiran Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...