My lovely followers

Sunday 17 May 2015

My second leap into using Brusho *

I was in the mood to make a card today - so what to do I asked myself.  I recently purchased a set of tree stamps by Creative Expressions - I just love them but was unsure what to do with them.  So there I am sitting there terrified of the stamps and the beloved brusho's (yes they scare me still after having just the one success with them).  I played about with the brusho's once again and after several attempts I achieved an almost subtle background for woodlands.  Now for the stamps.  Hmmmmmm!  I didn't want to stamp directly onto the background in case I made a big boo boo with them lol.  So I practiced masking areas off until I felt confident it looked okay.  Now for another first for me I got a piece of acetate out of my stash (had to rummage about for it too LOL ) Dah dah! I think I managed to mask and stamp quite successfully - I used a sentiment stamp from another Creative Expressions which I stamped directly onto the card.

That was my little adventure for today and I have to say I am quite pleased with myself lol.
Hugz and love to you all xx

16 comments:

  1. Great card!
    Thank you for joining Sketchy Colors and good luck!
    Smiles from Kari :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Elaine...your card is awesome, it's like 3d, I can feel myself standing in there.Like you I love trees and you have done these stamps credit with the way you have used them...not only the stamps,but the Brushos too...a stunning card my friend...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lush, inky forest of amazingness!! GORGEOUS! You're seriously tempting me to buy some brushos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, A stunning project, love the scene you have created. Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercraft this fortnight.

    Hugs Erin (Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercraft!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. This is unbelievably amazing. I love this scene and your background....just wow! Thanks for sharing it with us at Simply Papercraft this time, hope to see you again!
    Jennifer, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card love the sentiment and tree stamp-love the colours and amazing background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks wonderful, Elaine! Gorgeous effects! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so pretty Elaine, I love the water colour effects and the quote is wonderful.

    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog.
    Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what I see! Very artsy and a fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabby creation! Really lovely and so worth thinking about. Thanks for joining us over at PTT this month.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH oh oh wow - now THIS is THE BEST of the BEST.... YES Elaine - you can say you mastered this technique. ITS INCREDIBLE. Totally stunning effect because you kept the dark bright pretty green color on the top part only of the background - there' s just something special about the way you painted the colors. Not to mention the rich, lush, elegance of the colors themselves. Love the sentiment and those trees. Surely, surely this won a challenge or two or three. In my humble opinion... it's a GREAT SUCCESS. j

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH oh oh wow - now THIS is THE BEST of the BEST.... YES Elaine - you can say you mastered this technique. ITS INCREDIBLE. Totally stunning effect because you kept the dark bright pretty green color on the top part only of the background - there' s just something special about the way you painted the colors. Not to mention the rich, lush, elegance of the colors themselves. Love the sentiment and those trees. Surely, surely this won a challenge or two or three. In my humble opinion... it's a GREAT SUCCESS. j

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dreamy. What a great result you achieved with the Brushos. And the stamping on acetate is always so cool cuz of that extra space/shadow effect it creates. Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous colours, thank you so much for playing with Simply Create Too. Hope you can come and join our CAS challenge too :)

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...