My hands were itching to get a canvas out and get messy. May as well have a purpose so I printed out my son Matthew's children - yes more of my grandchildren. I printed them out and tore around the edges - stuck them to the canvas and stuck various items down all over the place with no plan or idea of where it was all going (as you can see all the bits and pieces from my stash drawer buckles flowers washers gems beads lace oddments bottle top...and much much more lol) - see what I mean lol. Pics of the initial stage here......
I then lay down the base using gesso
This is where I started to wish I hadn't started this lol... first mistake!
Did not like it at all so I painted over it all using a mixture of black/brown and dry brushed with light beige.
I then dry brushed over the top using old gold and bronze acrylic paints. For the final touch I used rub n buff and a layer of mod podge over the top.
I do hope you like my son's pressie. I now have to get another one done.
Hugz and love to all of you
This has been entered into the following challenges
emergency crafters - anything but xmas 30d 2ND PLACE