My lovely followers

Sunday 16 July 2023

In the heart of the forest

 Hi all yes it is me again

I did not know where I was going with this one. This morning I was playing with my gel plate for some backgrounds using Lavinia stencil - Bud. I used lime punch, bemuda and a little sahara Element inks. Brayered it onto gel plate, placed the stencil over top, brayed ink through stencil. I used a dandelion stamp over the top before placing the design over the card. Can barely see the dandelion print except in the top left of the circle - really feint though

I used graphite around the edge and corners of card to deepen the colour and to give it a frame if you know what I mean

Didn't have a clue what to do so just started stamping random flowers along the bottom - Lavina stamps Wild summer flowers, blubells, Flora set and orchard grass. I used Cherry blossom at the top. 

Yes I have used Aurora again, she is the only one I have until my next 2 orders come through. One is coming tomorrow so am excited. 

 I have left a sentiment off until my order comes or maybe not use one - have not made up my mind yet. That is the Libran coming out in me lol 

I used a circle mask arounf the area I wanted highlighted using Russet orange for the aura.

For the colourings I used polychromo pencils, Spectrum Noir Aqua tints, Sheen Douglas sparkle pens, stickles, yellow, blue, red and orange posca pens, white gel pen, black fineliner and white pastel pencil. 

I feel like I have stepped back into my mixed media days and thoroughly enjoyed it

I think thats about it. 


Thank you for coming to see me today, really appreciate it

Elaine xx

This has been entered into the following challenges

Simply Create too 192 favourite colours 01/08 unlimited

A Perfect time to craft anything goes July 28/08 unlimited

Classic Design anything goes July unlimited

 DL.Art July anything goes 01/08 1 entry per day 

Double D challenge great outdoors 01/08 maxed

8 comments:

  1. WOW this is really beautiful -love the stamps and great background. Know just what you mean I am Libra too and always asking daughter does this look better or this one lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - no good asking my daughter at all she was born on my birthday therefore another Libran and not only that she is not creative at all lol xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Elaine just popping back to say---Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are amazing, a fabulous card. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, and perfect for the Double D Challenge. I'm so glad you linked up to our challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE how you created your spotlight! This is AMAZING! You are SO SO talented ... always an inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Christmas card! Your background is outstanding, perfect for your fairy highlight. So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...