Well tonight I have done something different to show you. I decided to use a spellbinders flower die spliced in Kraft card. I smothered the top first in tacky glue using my fingers to get good thick coverage. I then burnt the glue using a candle flame. As soon as the glue turned black I then manipulated it until the wet glue underneath was showing and then repeated the process. When all glue burnt I manipulated them further to give a lumpy texture. Whilst still warm i gave them an initial gentle curling for a little shape. I gently wiped off the charcoal and smeared some gold leaf over them. I then buffed them up and curled the petals again using a cocktail stick to give them a little shape. (I have to tell you this is quite time consuming, messy and quite hot and a few of the petals caught alight in the process lol) I then used the same process on an ordinary purple brad.. now that did get hot hot hot! The brad was fastened through the middle and voila my very own steampunky flower. The Hardware finding is part of Tim Holtz collection and used the same process all over again... and yes you guessed it after several potential house fires my little project was complete LOL.
I hope you enjoyed reading this. Maybe one day I may master the art of holding my camera and taking pictures of the process instead of trying to write it lol.....
NB.... THIS PROCESS IS NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 51 UNLESS UNDER CLOSE SUPERVISION!!!
Have fun and enjoy.
Hugz Elaine xx