Well here we are again and where has this past month gone to. Has flown by and my has it been hot.
The project I am using for inspiration has lived a couple of lives already. I bought the body form from a carboot for a whole 50pence, stripped it of its splendour and guess what forgot to take a pic of it lol. Well you all know what a body form looks like with the metal hooks for arms lol. Well this one was no different. I was quite surprised when I had finished hacking off the material that the underneath is polystyrene - I used that to my advantage, it appears to be crackled, especially after rubbing it over with memento, splashing a little WOW glitter embossing power, heat embossed and finished off with a littlegold rub and buff. The base had the same treatment.
This is the part where the body form has a brief second life (overnight) - again I forgot to take pics as I was just throwing caution to the wind lol.
I used tulle for the underskirt to give it fullness, a petticoat of muslin and then layer of chiffon as another underskirt. Alot of sewing going on here lol. For the final layer I used some bridal lace and very pretty it was when it was white - actually quite stunning. I used the same lace for the bodice and a veil. At this stage I went to bed thinking I was finished with it. I got up the following morning and looked at it and although it was really pretty it got me to thinking of my three awful marriages (no time to thinking of cameras at this point lol) Off came the veil and out came my sprays - cosmic shimmers. Took several attempt with varying colours to achieve what I wanted even though I didn't know what I wanted lol.
I had previously made a couple of chiffon flowers which I didn't particularly like and had been thown into the bottom of my flower bucket. I sprayed them using the same colours. I cut a piece of card and joined into circle and attached it to the bigger one. I then attached the smaller one to the top and turned the petals down to cover the card. I added a couple of feathers but couldn't spray them too much as it ruins them so can still see a little cream in them - we shall call that contrast lol. I made a smaller circle of card with lace on it, sprayed it, attached to the bottom and glued it at a slat on her head. I attached box pleated ribbon round her neck and stuck a pearl as a necklace. I sprinkled gold glitter embossing powder all over and heated as normal. Finished it off I think.
I also hope I don't feel like making it steampunk when I awake for work in the morning lol.
Here are the pics and I hope you like my inspirational project for Altered Eclectics.
Don't forget it is anything goes every month, no cards, atcs or scrapbooking.
Hugz Elaine xxx
This has been entered into the following challenges
Craftting by design - AG 7a
Crafts and me - AG 20a
Creative moments - ABAC 7a
Simon says stamp- AG 8a
Stamping chef - ABAC 16a
Whimsey inspiration - ribbon and lace 8a
Craftroom challenge - heat embossed 7a
Inky Chicks - summer colours 5a
Top tip tuesday - spooled item 6a
613 Avenue create - AG 4a
Pile it on - AG 4a
That craft place - it a girl thing 4a
Inspire me fridays - AG 2a
Simply create too - ABAC 2a
Crafters cafe - AG 7a
Crafters Corner - AG 1s
Just for fun - 1s