My lovely followers

Sunday 7 December 2014

My altered canvas Finnabair inspired steampunky style - f

Hi all

I have been watching a few tutorials on You Tube at Finnabair inspired projects.  The lovely people I watched creating their Finnabair projects were Angela Holt, Jennings644 and CreaBoetiek and many more.  I then typed in Finnabair into Google and found her blog - wow so inspiring and I hope I have done them all justice with my attempt.

First of all I prepared a canvas using modelling paste and stencils then various paints and sprays.  

I then printed an image from the net and placed it onto the canvas.  It sat there for many days before going onto the next step



I dived into my treasure box for various pieces of jewelry, metal flowers, butterflies, leaves  I purchased from Butterbee Scraps and the odd wooden pieces from my stash and stuck them around the image.  Lots of odd chain, earrings, pen nibs, rings were used and even a watch I had laying about












I then gesso'd the embellishments

I then sprayed them using the same coloring's as the canvas.  I used black around the image and edges of canvas.  Finally I added inka gold 

















Well thats it really and I apologize for image overload.  I hope you enjoyed your visit and that you will come back again.

Hugz always 

Ellapu aka Elaine xxx


25 comments:

  1. That's a truly stunning artwork! Many thanks for entering it into the That's Crafty! About Face challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW a stunning work of art love all the added embellishments and fabulous textured background -off to check out those mentioned
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Elaine this is absolutely amazing - so many pieces added and all that wonderful texture - brilliant

    x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing art - love the way you coloured the jewellery all the same, the gorgeous colours of the bricks - and that you can still see her beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is stunning Elaine, love all the added details. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. In fact thank you to all of you... really appreciate your comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Elaine, this is a real stunner!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowsa! Totally gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally awesome, it must be really tricky to layer on all that lovely embellishment whilst keeping the feel of the image. You have done an amazing job. Off to research those blogs you mentioned you have made my creative bone tingle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is quite a gorgeous creation!! I really love all of the added embellishments to your design! You really done a fabulous job "blinging it up!" Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fantastic creation that shows a lot of work went into it. Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Elaine this is just a stunning piece of art. Really love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Elaine this is just a stunning piece of art. Really love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely adore this piece Elaine...so much thought and work has gone in to creating it and to your credit it worked wonderfully...stunning,just stunning...xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What fantastic detail! Thanks for sharing your fabulous project and joining us for our current challenge at Inspiration Destination. I see you've added a stumbling block for me to prove I'm not a robot. I totally understand your need for this but I may not be able to leave comments in the future. Nonetheless, hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome make Elaine with Stunning Details! Thank you for playing along with us at Inspiration Destination Challenges- We sure hope you join us again!

    Amy- DT Inspiration Destination Challenges
    {Lil Cutie Creations}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning. Simply stunning, Elaine! All the texture and the colors - it's so romantic with an edge to it. GREAT design work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow.. it's so a fantastic mixed-media project, love it..
    Thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft, and good luck..

    Hugs,
    Merlina

    ReplyDelete
  19. really sorry about word verification - cant get rid of it even though it turned off in settings x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful , thank you for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG this is absolutely stunning!

    Thanks for entering our DT call. I will be in touch!

    Lin
    The Mirror Crack'd

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome!!! Thanks for joining our mixed media challenge over at The Mirror Crack'd! Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...