My lovely followers

Sunday 19 May 2013

Apothecary Shop in Turmoil.......D

Hey everyone

This week it is my choice of challenge over at Eclectic Ellapu and I took the easy option again!

Anything goes

I chose to put together a canvas.  I love working with canvas... oooooooooooooo!

 I smothered the canvas with modelling paste mixed with green acrylic for part of background and then added blue for the remaining areas.  

I used cogs to imprint the background.  Once dry,  I dry brushed over the raised areas using red.  I then used a gold spray and finally gilding wax in bronze.  

I filled the two glass vials with red paint and the other with gold mica spray. The smaller bottle with the red paint appears to have toppled over, look at all that red mess... wheres the cleaner when you need her lol.  

The wooden vials, the Bunsen burner, ravens, watch face and cogs had modelling paste wiped over the top to give depth and treated the same as the canvas background apart from the ravens.  They were painted black with rock candy over the top.  

I coiled some copper wire from my stash and just randomly placed onto the canvas.   



 
I do hope you have enjoyed your visit as much as I enjoy you visiting me.  Please do call again real soon. Oh and don't forget to pop on over to Eclectic Ellapu and join in with the fun.

Hugz Elaine xxx


 

6 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous canvas Elaine...love the spilt red paint, very effective.

    Hugs
    Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your canvases Elaine - don't ever stop making them!!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is just awesome! thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us at wwc :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous artwork...super original craftiness.
    Thank you for playing with the challenge Anything Goes at Simply Create Too. Hope you'll join us again soon.
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another interesting project Elaine! The people on your gift lists are so fortunate to have you make things like this for them. You are so creative.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...