My lovely followers

Saturday 16 February 2013

Another altered box..........D

Hello everyone... 

Once again it is time for the new challenge over at Paper Ala Mode, The Outlawz. The challenge this week is Movement ie flight, walking, transport - anything along those lines and is being hosted by the talented Madeleen.  i am pretty biased as she is on my DT too ;-))

I decided to alter another box - am a fanatic with boxes lol.  At least lots of prezzies are being borne of my fanaticism lol.  

  I painted the box with gesso and then used alcohol inks for the base.  I stamped a map background on tissue paper and layered it onto the box deliberatelyy wrinkling it to give it texture.  Unfortunately the map disappeared against the background lol. Oh well lesson learnt from that!  

Once dried I spritzed it with red and gold sprays to give it a bit of umphhhh! I then wiped a little rub and buff over some of the creases.  I applied white crackle paint using  palette knife and spread it over the top of the box.  It gave more texture near to the ceases and you can see a little crackle in parts.   

I painted the penny farthing and wings I had bought from Crafty-Emblies using Viva decor metallic paints.  I then triple embossed them using clear UTEE.Ouch Ouch Ouch.. my poorly finger tips lol.They look quite effective I think.  

I adhered them to the box using glossy accents.  The upper wing is on the lid so when closed it is in the desired place.

I painted the inside of the box using blue, pink and black to give it a mottled effect and was then varnished.

Well I think that is about it. I can hear all the sighs of relief lol.

Why not pop on over to the OUTLAWZ and join in with this really fun challenge.

Hope to see you there

Hugz Elaine xxx

19 comments:

  1. You're so good at these boxes - love the super glossy embellies too, awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Elaine
    Love the tissue paper and all the texture it gives to the project . Shame about the map though . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .
    Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... now this is something I wish I could do. It's a fabulous project... yep, fabulous and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for join in at It's all about the Vintage
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love, love, love all of your altered creations. This box is absolutely fab!! It is amazing how much texture tissue paper can add.

    Btw, I nominated you for the Liebster Award! The Award image plus info is up on my blog (http://goo.gl/L38x1). :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb Project! I love everythng about it. Thanks for sharing with QKR Stampede this week with your wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This box is amazing thank you for sharing it with us at FCCB this week xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out brilliantly, to bad you lost the map but very sweet you told us so we can all learn this lesson bless you:):) thanks for sharing.. Have a great weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  9. what amazing box;) it´s something very special;)
    thank you for joining it´s all about the vintage and beauti challence!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a wonderful artist! I wish I had the depth of your talent. I love everything you make sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neat box. It really came out nice.

    Thanks for joining our Anything with Wings challenge at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous box! Love the texture you got and that bike is awesome. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is fantastic thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your box is amazing. It looks so tactile with all that texture. Thank you for sharing with us at the It's All About the Vintage challenge "pimp a box". Wishes, Suzanne DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous creation, I love it. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    Lady Anne's Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderful project Elaine. Thank you for joining us at HSc for our challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just great. I'm speechless :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great project! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet's 'Anything With Wings' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow wow amazing creation awesome. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...