My lovely followers

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Mini event/challenge project.........D

This is really quite a quick post. Todays mini project is to alter a CD. 

I covered the cd with texture paste loosly mixed with gold and brown acrylics to make it look marbled.  After it was dry I sprayed with with cosmic shimmer and gold.  

I used a TH die for the clock and hands.  I painted them in the same way and used a little varnish over the top.  I stuck the clock face to the cd using silicone and the hands to a pocket watch face from Crafty-Emblies after using rock candy over the top.  I finished it off with a mini button also from Crafty-Emblies covered in glossy accents.

I attached a substantial sized chain from which to hang it.




Thats it from me for now... I hope you enjoyed my mini project 

Hugz Elaine xxx

14 comments:

  1. I love your pocket watch! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This I had ti take a closer look and what work you did! This is different and I love it. I saw this on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is amazing, I thought it was a real clock, your an exceptional artist thanks so much for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely thank you so much for sharing it at Osaat . Hugs Trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous. I thought it was stone when I saw it on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    Lady Anne's Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnificent, Elaine! What is about time pieces that just touch the heart? OK, let me put on my DT hat for a minute -- I'm just tickled that you played along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Good luck in the draw. :-D
    NanaConnie TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous idea - love it! Saw it on MIM. When is the white rabbit coming?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Thanks for sharing your piece of art in our Anything Goes Challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the technique you have used to make this cute pocket watch look so ancient - so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week with something very different, it's great. Jennie DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elaine! You're a genius! I don't don't know how you do it...but you score every time! What a fab project!
    Thanks for joining our challenge. We'd love to see you again next week. … hugs!
    Asha - Tuesday Throwdown DT
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Elaine! This is so unique and amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a wonderful piece of art. Thanks for joining us for Vickie's Challenge at Lady Anne's. We look forward to having you join us again. Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...