My lovely followers

Sunday 17 February 2013

I now return from whence I came!.....D


 Hi everyone

So excited as this is my first posting as DT for Crafty-Emblies Altered Art.  This is a really special time for Judie over at CE as we now have a specific Papercrafting Challenge with some really talented ladies.  Wowzers you just wait and see.  Both teams will be creating for the same theme each month.  This month we both go live on the same date, 17th Feb, but from next month altered art will be on the 1st of the month and the Papercrafting challenges will go live on the 15th of the month.  The challenge this month is

''WINGS'' 

Anyway onto my creation.  First of all I want to explain my title for this piece... I want it to come across that when we are born we are like angels from above and once in the coffin of wings we are returning to the heavenly above.  Does that make sense???.. well I thought it did at the time lol. 

I made a coffin, not a boat, out of ordinary card using a Martha Stewart template.  I covered it in red, blue and black paint with a little bit of crackle.  The reason I say it is not a boat is that Paula, my Design Team Leader for Eclectics, said it was a nice boat when she first saw it LOL......

I die cut the iron fence using TH die painted it black and rubbed a little rub n buff into it. I attached this to the base of the coffin as decor and the lid to look like railings just like you sometimes see on coffins.

   The lid of the coffin was like a box lid and it did not suit me so I cut off the overhang so the lid would slide.  I used chipboard to strengthen the lid. 

I covered the cut off overhang from the lid with teeny weeny Fleur de Lis and attached it to the top edge of the coffin.  These were the left overs from a mask I bought from Crafty-Emblies. They came in real handy as you can see. 

I used quite a few winged embellies made by our esteemed leader and her hubby, Judie and Pete, gave them all the same paint treatment and placed them on top and round the sides of the coffin.  I sprayed my creation with Cosmic Shimmer Mist to give it all a bit of an ummmmpppphhhhhh!  Hope it worked for you lol.






Now why not head on over to Crafty-Emblies and join in with this fun challenge.  The prize is not to be sneezed at either - £10.00 gift voucher for their fabulous shop.  Believe me you will want everything just like we do lol.

Hope to see you there..... Go on, you know you want to!! Whilst you are there soaking up our fab teams inspirational projects you may want to leave some love on their profiles.  we love comments as much as you.

Hugz and love to all

Elaine aka Ellapu

xxx

This project has been entered into the following challenges

Allsorts - things with wings 24f
Hotshot craft-anything but a card 6m 
Inspire me fridays - anything goes 23f 
QKR stampede - anything goes 23f 
Charisma Cardz - anything goes 22f 
Sarah Hurley - anything but a card 25f 
TTCRD - anything goes 19f
Tuesday Throwdown 19f
vickies challenges - anything goes 5m 
Glitter and sparkle - anything but a card 23f

10 comments:

  1. A fabulously inspirational piece of altered artwork Ellapu.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Elaine, this is stunning. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Things with Wings challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Elaine this is amazing I love it. I can just imagine this coffin in a Victorian graveyard with a gothic romantic story behind it.
    Sooo much detail it's fab.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! Love all the different elements and colors. Great template . Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown and I hope you'll be back this next challenge!

    Susan, TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful make.

    Moira xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is just amazing!! I wouldn't even know where to start to create something like this!

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for our anything goes challenge. Hope you can stop by and join us again soon!

    Hugs

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made a stunning piece of art with incredible talent. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    Lady Anne's Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! I love the entire piece! Thank you for sharing with QKR Stampede this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's amazing, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this month.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is brilliant thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...